MOUNTAINEER HUB LOBBY HOURS CHANGING
Updated August 28, 2017
On September 15, 2017 the lobby/walk-in hours for the Mountaineer Hub will change to 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The adjusted hours will provide additional time to process requests from students and training to provide the best information possible. Please note the phone hours will remain 8:15 am to 4:45 pm. Only the lobby hours are changing. We also have resources available that you can access 24/7 through our websites or the WVU Portal!
- Thinking of withdrawing from a course? See how that could impact current
and future financial aid at
- How do you apply for aid? Check out
- Want some tips on applying for private scholarships? Find those at
- Forget how to accept your aid on STAR? Instructions can be found at
- Looking for a part-time job? Log into MountaineerTRAK to search at
- Want to know your balance due? Visit
for instructions on navigating STAR.
- Find some additional funding options at
AUGUST 31: LAST DAY TO ENROLL IN FALL PAYMENT PLAN
Updated August 25, 2017
SEPTEMBER 2: LATE FEES ASSESSED ON ALL PAST DUE BALANCES
Updated August 25, 2017
STAR SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE THIS WEEKEND!
Updated July 25, 2017
FALL CHARGES AVAILABLE NOW!
Updated July 7, 2017
Fall 2017 charges are available for your review in STAR. The payment deadline
has been extended to August 1.
If you owe a balance, you will receive an email in your MIX account the week of July 17. The email will include a statement of your charges and credits.
- ECheck is the recommended form of payment with no convenience fees. These payments are posted immediately, and there’s no waiting in line! Visit studentaccounts.wvu.edu/payment for instructions on making payment.
- If sending a check via U.S. mail, a confirmation email will be sent your MIX account once posted.
- Credit card payments cannot be taken via phone for security reasons, but can be made online in STAR or the Parent/Guest Portal. Note: A 2.25% convenience fee will apply.
- If a balance is due, you can still sign up for a monthly payment plan with Higher One to spread payments out over several months at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/payment/tuition-payment-plan. Note: If you have already signed up with Higher One for a monthly payment plan, you will not receive an email/statement the week of July 17. You will be contacted should your plan be insufficient to cover your charges.
- Refunds: If you have more than enough aid to pay your balance and are due a refund, you will not receive an email/statement the week of July 17. August 11 is the earliest refunds may be received by students signed up for direct deposit. You can sign up or verify your bank account info at studentaccounts.wvu.edu/refunds if a refund is expected. If a paper refund check is preferred, be sure to verify your mailing/local address in STAR for accuracy.
- You can grant proxy access to parents or others who may be assisting with bill payment. This gives parents their own log in information and a passphrase they will need if calling in on your behalf. More information available at parent-guest.portal.wvu.edu.
Billing or Financial Aid Questions?
To provide better service and response to questions, all email addresses associated with financial aid, billing and the Mountaineer Hub have expired as of July 1 and have been replaced by a convenient, streamlined, online ticketing service. To log a question, go to mountaineerhub.wvu.edu and click the “Contact Us” link at the top of the page. This will allow individuals to monitor the status of their ticket and allows questions to be routed more quickly to the correct person so individuals receive timely responses. You may also call the Mountaineer Hub at 304-293-1988, but please understand that due to an expected high call volume about fall billing, you could experience delays.
Students Must Complete the Student Health Insurance Waiver by July 26 if They Need to Opt Out of Student Insurance
The fall 2017 student health insurance waiver is available now at studentinsurance.wvu.edu
with a deadline of July 26. Eligible students without an approved waiver on file by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the WVU Aetna student health insurance plan. If you do not yet have an approved waiver on file, you may see the fall student insurance fee of $912 assessed to your account. Once the student insurance waiver is submitted and approved, confirmation will be sent to your student MIX email address and the fall 2017 insurance fee will be credited back to your student account within five business days. If your waiver is declined, you will receive an email to your MIX account indicating the reason and options for how to proceed. For more information about the student health insurance requirement, the WVU Aetna plan, or the insurance waiver, visit studentinsurance.wvu.edu, or contact the WVU Student Insurance Office at email@example.com or 304-293-6815.
CARD PAYMENTS BY PHONE
Updated June 6, 2017
SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINE EXTENDED
Updated May 8, 2017
DID YOU GRADUATE RECENTLY?
Updated May 8, 2017